Monday, April 28, 2008

Day (Overnight) Trips...

I like to go places. I am not one for sitting around (of course I like to spend $$ too). This past weekend we attended A Day Out With Thomas at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI. It may only be an hour from our home, but I felt it deemed worthy an overnight hotel stay, & coinsiding dinner out.

I have a long standing rule that when we eat out of town we cannot eat somewhere we can eat at home. Based upon our hotel's directory we chose Kiernan's Steak House in downtown Dearborn (which has been greatly revitalized; you should check it out!). I tried the Veal Kiernan with rice pilaf. I have to be honest, it was NOT the best damn meal ever. It was edible, but for the price, it was only "fair." Rachel thought the rice was "the best!"

Unfortunately, I do not have any photos as I felt completely uncomfortable eating here with my children (& we were the youngest patrons in the joint). James & I have eaten upscale before, but without the kids. The girls of course LOVED the atmosphere & secluded booth. The toddler, not so much. He has more of a flair for Denny's & Chili's; places where he can be LOUDER!

No comments: